Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How I Make My Pines Long And Tight

Forest Dark Forest

Hi, I had not the time to write (thanks to the work !)... but here I go again.

I think in fantasy literature there is no concept more fascinating than the enchanted forests of this type of "entities" the "dark forests" are my favorites, I do not know if it's because one of these forests necessarily an unknown danger or find one because the book's protagonist must always sobreesforzarce to get out of the adventure (or perhaps for both reasons ...).

To make this scenery was inspired by two views on this subject: the description of Fangorn of JRR Tolkien and the design of forests Tim Burton. I said was inspired, not imitated: I aspire to that. : D





Let's start: I used hemp loop telephone cable and wire to shape and twisted old tree I wanted.




order to give firmness to the structure soaked up everything with PVA and let dry. Later used PVA and paper mache to cover all of trees.



Once dry, the paper mache hit the tree on a cardboard base covered with fine sand, it put pieces of pine bark once painted will look like rocks.


used to prime the usual: Primer anti-rust black.

To paint the rocks, I applied a base color granyte Charadon (Citadel), followed by dry brush with a mixture of shadow gray (coat d'arms) + black (coat d'arms) and lights gray primer (coat d'arms) + a pinch of black (coat d'arms). The base color for trees is dark flesh (citadel).


to paint the forest floor earth undercoat used (Woodland scenics) and dry brush of olive (coat d'arms).

On the base color of the trees I applied a wash with brown wood (coat d'arms) and dry brush with olive (coat d'arms) and to simulate dark green elf moss on the bark.

To add details to the forest we can use classic elements decorate models as well as other non-traditional. In this case I used turf (gale force nine) and bushes (Woodland scenics).

For moss-covered vines hanging from the branches used cotton string coated with a mixture of PVA + green wood paint dark.


One problem we have with this type of scenery is that eventually may break because they have little impact resistance compared with structures made of plastic. The good thing is that they are very easy to repair using the same elements. In short PVA, PVA + wire and paper.
then open fracture after a fall from a table:


After drying
PVA, I applied the previous paint layers mimas and ready: Like New!


Finally I leave some Skink images with so you can appreciate the scale.



post soon I hope.

Greetings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment